Laser Tattoo Removal
Laser Tattoo Removal
About Laser Tattoo Removal
Rethink your ink with safe, effective, and complete laser tattoo removal at New Look Vein & Aesthetic Center. Our advanced Astanza Revolution laser selectively targets the ink particles deep within the skin, destroying the ink while keeping the surrounding skin safe.
Tattoos no longer have to be permanent because our laser produces light energy of the two most diverse wavelengths for the most effective treatment for a large range of tattoo ink colors. The fast, outpatient tattoo laser removal procedure has minimal side effects and can be safely performed on all skin types.
Regain control over the look of your skin with expert laser tattoo removal by Dr. Krikorian & the staff of New Look Vein & Aesthetic Center.
New Look Vein & Aesthetic Center offers free consultations for the laser tattoo removal procedure. During your initial consultation New Look will assess your tattoo for size, color, and location. We will discuss the process, establish cost for tattoo removal treatment, and answer any questions.
With the latest advancements in laser technology and a constantly increasing rate of tattoo regret, laser tattoo removal has become one of the most popular aesthetics and laser procedures available. Tattoo removal, with our knowledgeable staff and leading tattoo laser system, is exceptionally effective and will leave your skin clear and free of that unwanted tattoo ink.
Laser tattoo removal involves a series of laser treatments, each spaced about six weeks apart. Despite its impressive power to remove tattoos that were applied to be permanent, laser removal with our Astanza Revolution is relatively fast to perform – the appointments take less than 30 minutes for an average sized tattoo. This includes numbing, laser treatment, and bandaging after treatment.
Virtually all tattoos require multiple treatments, but the number of treatments needed varies for each tattoo, depending on a variety of factors. Variables include the age of the tattoo, the colors of ink, any preexisting scarring, activity level, and other factors. New Look Vein & Aesthetic Center can minimize the number of treatments needed by utilizing the ideal energy wavelengths needed to eliminate your tattoo.
With each treatment the tattoo will be more and more faded, becoming less and less visible from appearance until it is completely vanished.
The treatment causes some mild discomfort, much like that of having a tattoo applied. Following treatment, the treated area will need to be protected for three days and some mild, self-healing side effects may occur. You will be given aftercare instructions to help achieve the best results with each laser tattoo removal appointment.
It is during the consultation that Dr. Krikorian and his staff will assess your tattoo and customize your treatment based on the unique features of your tattoo.
How It Works
The Astanza Revolution condenses energy into extremely fast and intense pulses. This light energy is selectively absorbed by the tattoo ink. Within the dermis, the deepest layer of skin, the tattoo ink particles heat up instantly and shatter into smaller fragments.
Over the following weeks –typically six to eight – the immune system removes the shattered fragments of ink from the tattooed area. Each laser tattoo removal session treats the top-most layers of ink – each treatment targeting deeper layers until the entire tattoo is no longer visible.
The Nd:YAG laser produces the 1064nm and 532nm wavelengths, ideal for 95% of ink colors including the most popular colors – black and red.
If you want to learn more about laser tattoo removal please read the following PDF to learn more [Download PDF]
Laser Tattoo Removal Aftercare
- Keep the area clean and covered for 3 to 4 days following treatment. Cleanse the area gently with soap and water. Cover the area with a bandage and use triple antibiotic, vitamin E oil, petroleum jelly, or Aquaphor for moisturization and to aid in the healing process.
- If a blister occurs, continue to protect the area and keep it covered and bandaged for at least 24 hours after the blister has popped.
- Cold compresses can be used and may help reduce swelling or discomfort.
- Scabs may occur as part of the natural healing process – DO NOT PICK THEM. If scabs are picked, scars can form which make future laser treatments more difficult and less effective.
- Do not soak in a hot tub, pool, or body of water until the treatment area has completely healed. Soaking the treatment area before it is healed drastically increases the risk of infection.
- Clean treatment area after exercise or excess sweating.
- Wear sunscreen – SPF 25 or higher – for 2-3 months following treatment to allow proper healing of the tattooed area.