Looking to get rid of a few fine lines and wrinkles? Want to return your skin’s youthful and vibrant appearance? While we can’t turn back the clock or take a dip in the legendary fountain of youth, modern medical science allows us to reduce or eliminate crow’s feet, scowl lines, and other unsightly signs of aging with dermal filler treatments.
The Fundamentals of Dermal Filler Treatment
Those seeking to diminish wrinkles quickly without the expense and medical risks that are commonly associated with aesthetic surgery will find no better medical treatment than dermal fillers. Injected directly into problem areas, dermal fillers instantly fill and plump skin tissue to smooth out dermatological creases and fine lines. Although the results are not permanent, these cosmetic services are currently one of the very best medical options for targeted and effective wrinkle reduction.
Patients typically notice a visible difference within two or three days of treatment. As wrinkles disappear, your face will appear fresher, firmer, and younger. And unlike costly, painful, and time-consuming aesthetic surgical procedures, dermal fillers require no recovery time. You can make a simple office visit, receive your shots from a qualified medical professional, and return to your busy daily schedule within the space of a couple hours.
Your Dermal Filler Options
Although most people are familiar with Botox, many do not realize that there are many other dermal fillers on the market. Here are just a few:
- Botox/Dysport/Xeomin – All of these products fall under the category of neuro-modulators, medical substances that weaken muscles. When facial muscles that move less the wrinkles on the skin above them become far less prominent.
- Juviderm – Juviderm’s active ingredient, hyaluronic acid, spreads out within cutaneous tissue to full out wrinkles and folds such as nasolabial folds (the “smile lines” that appear around the lips).
- Voluma – The latest generation of hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler, Voluma is much longer lasting than its predecessors. While the effects of Juviderm typically last 6 to 9 months, the effects of a single Voluma treatment can last up to 2 years.
- Radiesse – Clinically proven to last a year or more, Radiesse eliminates wrinkles by increasing volume in the upper dermis through an infusion of calcium-based microspheres, causing sagging and depleted skin to tighten and smooth out.
- Bellafill – In addition to increasing facial volume to smooth wrinkles immediately after injection, Bellafill’s unique microspheres actually generate collagen production. Unlike many fillers, these microspheres do not break down over time.
For more information about dermal fillers or other nonsurgical cosmetic treatments such as the eyelash length and thickness enhancer Latisse, contact a trained professional at the New Look Vein and Aesthetic Center today.